Jason is an internationally known expert, scholar, and speaker on issues affecting engagement, development, retention and success of male college students; and in promoting strong gender relations on campuses. He is the Founding Chair of the Men and Masculinities Knowledge Community of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators and the namesake of its Jason Laker Scholarship. His positive and collaborative style, along with sensitivity and humor, helps audiences and clients navigate complex and politically loaded subjects to achieve inclusive and positive organizational change. Jason combines contemporary research with practical solutions in accessible and engaging presentations, consultations, and planning efforts.
He is available to provide keynote and guest speaker presentations, program and course consultations, professional development sessions for faculty and staff, and leadership training and support for students.
Jason is also a speaker and consultant with the National Center for Higher Education Risk Management (NCHERM).
“Jason is an excellent educator and anti-sexist male activist. His educational style is one in which he creates safety for diverse audience participants. His presentations and workshops are interactive and thought provoking around hard to discuss topics such as men and masculinities, and sexual violence. In addition, his consulting skills are comprehensive—he allowed us to utilize his time and talent in a variety of ways—touching the lives and enhancing the knowledge of faculty, staff, students and community members.”
-Marlene Kowalski-Braun, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Inclusion
Western Michigan University
"Dr. Laker is a wonderfully dynamic and creative keynote speaker. He has an uncanny ability to tie the subject matter to the audience and make it understandable, enlightening and authentic. Jason's presentation style is versatile and engages students, faculty and staff alike. Dr. Laker's presentation and keynote address were our Gender Symposium's highest rated programs this year."
-Osvaldo Del Valle, Conference Co-Chair, 2012 Inaugural Gender Symposium
California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo
Examples of U.S. Consulting/Speaking Engagements regarding male students:
- Keynote Speaker (w/Dr. Erica Boas), ACPA/NASPA Joint Conference on College Men, Amherst, MA
- Keynote Speaker, First Annual Gender Symposium, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, Gender Equity Center
- Keynote Speaker, NASPA Men and Masculinities Region VI Drive-In Conference
- Invited Speaker, New Mexico State University Teaching Academy, Division of Academic Affairs
- Baylor University
- University of South Dakota
- California State University-Chico
- College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University Student Affairs
- Western Illinois University Center for the Study of Masculinities and Men's Development
- Michigan State University Division of Student Affairs
- Grand Valley State University Women's Center
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Division of Student Affairs
- University of Oregon
- South Dakota State University
- University of North Texas Division of Academic Affairs
- University of Vermont Division of Student Affairs
- University of North Carolina-Wilmington Division of Student Affairs
- Denison University (OH) Division of Student Affairs
- Featured Speaker, National Association of Behavioral Intervention Team Association Conference
- Keynote Speaker, Iowa Regent Universities Men's Gender Violence Prevention Institute